For manual handling and subsequent laying of the “ULTRA” slabs, in order to guarantee the operators’ safety and the integrity of the slabs, it is strongly recommended to use a handling frame with suction cups and a truck for transport, available upon request, particularly suitable for large dimension “ULTRA” formats (e.g. 320x160 cm – 300x150 cm – 150x150 cm) whereas on smaller “ULTRA” formats (e.g. 100x100 cm) two double suction cups are sufficient.
The instruments for lifting and handling the slabs can be chosen according to the size of the slab and the activities to be performed on the site, in particular:
- Fork lift truck with forks 2.5 m long.
- Handling frame with suction cups and a transport truck with wheels.
- Double suction cups for handling slabs with format up to 150x75 cm.
- Remove the cover from the case.
- Position the handling frame with suction cups on the slab, and make sure that the cups adhere to it perfectly, checking that the arrow inside the manometer is beyond the red area.
- For horizontal handling (on the surface), use the handling frame with suction cups, put the slab into a vertical position and position it on the transport truck with wheels.